Note the ‘Restore Point’ feature of XP is not available on Server 2003. Make a written plan of who will do what in the case of an emergency incident. Create a flow chart of the sequence to retrieve data. If server is running then get data, if server is not running, repair Windows 2003 operating system.
When you use a shared network such as Microsoft Windows Server, there can be multiple users accessing the data on the server, hence there can be times when multiple files from various locations can be deleted. Fortunately, there is a way to recover deleted files from Windows Server. Continue reading for instructions on retrieving deleted files from Windows Server.
- For future reference there are ways to add the Create System Restore Point on Server 2003. You will need a copy of your Windows XP CD. Here's how to do it: Download the file.
- Restore Windows 10 to Restore Point from Safe Mode. The process for restoring Windows 10 to an earlier restore point from within the Safe Mode is identical to the one used when the operating.
How to Restore Deleted Files on Windows Server from Recycle Bin
Windows Server 2003 Support Tools
Just like on a Windows computer, the Windows Server also has the Recycle Bin option on the desktop. Therefore, any file that has been deleted will be moved to the Recycle Bin automatically. Hence, Recycle Bin is the fastest way to restore deleted files on Windows Server.
- Open Recycle Bin
- Click on the search box and type the file name that has to be retrieved
- Now, right-click on the file to be recovered and choose Restore option from the pop-up
- After clicking on Restore, go back to the original location to find the recovered file
If you are not able to find a lost file or folder from Windows Recycle Bin by following the above-mentioned steps, another way to retrieve deleted files is by restoring the files to the previous version.
Restore Windows Server Files from Previous Versions
If you have enabled the backup option, the files with its previous version will be saved on a timely basis. Therefore, you can make use of this backup to restore files from the previous version. Here is how it can be done.
- Navigate to the folder or drive that contained the lost file
- Right-click on the drive or folder and select Properties
- In the Properties window, click on Previous Version tab
- Now from the list of restore points, click on the latest version that was saved
- Finally, click on the Restore button to retrieve deleted files on Windows server
Is it possible to Undelete Files from Windows Server?
Yes, you can recover deleted files from Windows Server. Any data that is missing from the drive will remain on the server unless it is overwritten with new information. Therefore, when you happen to lose files it is recommended to stop using the server immediately to avoid any overwriting. By doing so, you will increase the chances of retrieving the missing files and folder. However, in order to recover permanently deleted files from Windows server, you have to use a professional data recovery software
You cannot rely on the Recycle Bin or a file backup to get back deleted files on Windows Server. Remo File Recovery Software is an effective tool that can find and recover any missing file or folder on the server. Equipped with a powerful deep scan algorithm, the tool will glide through the entire drive sector by sector to recover files from the Windows server. This powerful tool works with all the latest operating systems including Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2008, etc. Download and use the software for free now.
Steps to Recover files and folders from Windows Server
Download and install the Remo File Recovery Software and follow the steps mentioned below.
- From the main screen click on Recover Files
- Next, from the list of all available drives, you need to choose the volume from which the missing file has to be recovered.
- Click on Next to start the scanning process.
- As the scanning activity ends, you can choose the deleted file from File Type View or Data View.
- Finally, click on Save and provide a location to save the recovered file on Windows server
Windows Server 2003 Restore Point
Most of the time files that are deleted from a Windows Server are the ones from shared folders. Since these files are accessible to other users, chances are that a user might have deleted the file unknowingly. Although such scenarios are uncertain, it is always better to be prepared for any such incidents. Therefore, take a timely backup of the storage drive. This way you can easily retrieve any files from the server during a data loss scenario. However, in case there is no backup data, always use Remo File Recovery Tool to recover deleted files from Windows Server.