Jan 01, 2019 WhatsApp, the popular chat app, will not work on devices that run on the Nokia S40 platform. WhatsApp has stopped working on devices that run on the Nokia S40 software. Starting today, older phones like Nokia 206, Asha 210 and others will not be able to run WhatsApp as the Facebook -owned company has announced that it has already ended support for the Nokia S40 platform. From January 1, 2019, WhatsApp will not work on devices running Nokia S40. Nokia Asha 205, Nokia Asha 230, Nokia Asha 206, Nokia Asha 208, Nokia Asha 210, Nokia Asha 301, Nokia Asha 500, Nokia. The new Nokia Asha 210 phone which was announced today, will be the first mobile phone to have a dedicated button for whatsapp messaging application. The WhatsApp button key simply means users will be able to launch the whatsapp application at just a touch of the button, instead of scrolling through menus to launch the app. WhatsApp which is an application that allows users subscribed to the.
If you have a Nokia S40, here’s what you need to do download WhatsApp and other features of the update on your mobile phone. How to install Whatsapp on Nokia asha phone. Open this link in your mobile phone to download whatsapp for nokia. Install the file which is the jad file format.
I believe you were and still feeling bad as I was about your Nokia Asha 200 not able to support WhatsApp but Nokia Asha 201 does. When you visit WhatsApp's website, the only thing you get is 'Your device is currently not supported'. I gave up on WhatsApp because I was not ready to buy a phone worth GHC 200+ just because of WhatsApp until I came across this easy way to install it on my Nokia Asha 200.
Please follow the instructions carefully to get the application successfully installed.
- Download this whatsapp200.zip which contains two files (WhatsApp.jar and WhatsApp.jad)
- 2GB and above memory card.
- A working Nokia Asha 200 phone
Nokia Asha 210 Review
- Open the whatsapp200.zip you downloaded. Extract or copy the two files (i.e. WhatsApp.jad and WhatsApp.jar) into a different folder.
- Put your memory card in a card reader (e.g. modem or any normal card reader) and insert into your pc. Or better still if you have a usb cable that can connect your phone to the pc, then use it to connect and choose Mass Storage on the phone.
- Open the memory card to see if there is a folder called MyApps or Applications. If none of these two folders are there, create a new folder on your memory and name it either MyApps or Applications.
- Copy the two WhatsApp files you extracted (i.e. WhatsApp.jad and WhatsApp.jar) into the MyApps folder or Applications folder.
- Put the memory card back into your phone or if you are using the cable, disconnect it from the pc. Please don't be in a rush to run the application.
- Open your memory card on the phone and open the MyApps or Applications folder depending on the one you placed the whatsapp files in.
- Scroll to WhatsApp, press Options and select Update Version. This will update the whatsapp since what you are having now is an old version.
- After the update, you can then open the whatsapp and enter your phone number, name and photograph to register.
- Now you have whatsapp on your Nokia Asha 200.
Enjoy WHATSAPPING with friends and loved ones.
WhatsApp has stopped working on devices that run on the Nokia S40 software. Starting today, older phones like Nokia 206, Asha 210 and others will not be able to run WhatsApp as the Facebook-owned company has announced that it has already ended support for the Nokia S40 platform.
The Nokia S40 platform was one of the most dominant mobile operating systems of its time. Effective January 1, you will no longer able to make new accounts. Although many people have upgraded their phones, the S40 platform include many popular devices.
This includes Nokia 206 Single SIM, Nokia 206 Dual SIM, Nokia 208, Nokia 301 Single SIM Chat Edition, Nokia 301 Dual SIM Chat Edition, Nokia 515, Nokia Asha 201, Nokia Asha 205 Chat Edition, Nokia Asha 210, Nokia Asha 230 Single SIM, Nokia Asha 230 Dual SIM.
The list also includes Nokia Asha 300, Nokia Asha 302, Nokia Asha 303, Nokia Asha 305, Nokia Asha 306, Nokia Asha 308, Nokia Asha 309, Nokia Asha 310, Nokia Asha 311, Nokia Asha 500, Nokia Asha 501, Nokia Asha 502, Nokia Asha 503, Nokia C3-00, Nokia C3-01, Nokia X2-00, Nokia X2-01, Nokia X3-02, and Nokia X3-02.5
In a post on their blog, WhatsApp said “This was a tough decision for us to make, but the right one in order to give people better ways to keep in touch with friends, family, and loved ones using WhatsApp. Those who own a phone powered by this very platform has no choice but to upgrade their device if they wish to continue using WhatsApp.”
Other than the Nokia S40 platform, the company has also announced it plans to stop supporting devices running Android 2.3.7 and older (Gingerbread), iPhone 3GS or any iOS 6 device from February 1, 2020.
📣 The Indian Express is now on Telegram. Click here to join our channel (@indianexpress) and stay updated with the latest headlines
Nokia Asha 210 Whatsapp Not Working Pc
For all the latest Technology News, download Indian Express App.